Hyperlink readability vs. noticability?

Hyperlink readability vs. noticability?

by Daniel Jackson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi, I'm just starting to use the glossary (as a sort of networked version of a vocabulary notebook) in one of my classes. It looks like there are lots of great ideas here!

I was wondering what people think about balancing the readability of forums and resource texts and the noticability of the hyperlinked words. In other words, how do you design the link to appear on your site? Or, does it make a difference to you?

I noticed that this site has a nifty question mark symbol that pops up on mouseover (like with this word: constructivism). I also like Jon Bolton's suggestion to enable users to vary the highlighting color by concept:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17974

Any guidelines or thoughts you might have would be much appreciated!

DJ
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Jackson

Re: Hyperlink readability vs. noticability?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,

Re. link colour, please check Contradictions in Accessibility - Links and Default Link Styles :: WATS.ca

(Although it's mostly about visited/unvisited links I think it's still relevant.)