Installation help

Picture of Monica Franz
Upgrading 1.9.16 to 2.5 via 2.2latest: Do I have to verify the DB after upgrading from 1.9 to 2.2?

Hi,

do I have to verify the Database in 2.2latest as well before upgrading to 2.5? I didn't make any in 2.2latest as I'm just using it for upgrading purpose to 2.5.

The differences between 2.2latest with the updated database from 1.9 to the clear 2.2latest are  a lot: I would have to drop tables, change column names and positions (which I don't like to do as these could cause big problems I think) etc..

I verified the database of 1.9. before upgrading to 2.2latest, and that db seems to be clean.

Regards,

Monica

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Upgrading 1.9.16 to 2.5 via 2.2latest: Do I have to verify the DB after upgrading from 1.9 to 2.2?
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Potentially any schema errors you find at this stage are bugs. I would not be surprised to find things like missing indexes but completely wrong table and column names sound a bit unlikely to me. Do you have some examples?

Picture of Monica Franz
Re: Upgrading 1.9.16 to 2.5 via 2.2latest: Do I have to verify the DB after upgrading from 1.9 to 2.2?

Hi Howard,

thank you for answering.

As attachment I'm sending apart of the diff file with some differences of both schema!

I'm not working with MYSQL-Workbench or so!

Regards,

Monica

p.s. We're using MySQL 5.5 !

Picture of Monica Franz

Hi all!

I tried doing the Upgrade again on 18.6.2013 with the newet moodle2.2latest at that time ( 2.2.10+, Build: 20130614). Before tha tI upgraded Moodl1.9.16 to moodle 1.9. 19 (also the latest at that time). The db verification from 1.9.16 to 1.9.19 didn't show differences

And now I still get a lot of changes, like change fieldnames, collation type in fields and tables, position of fieldname in some tabels.

As an attachment I've posted the diff-file.

I'm to much of a chicken to change anything.

What shall I do?

By the way the frontpage in our moodle2.2.10+ doesn't work properly, As an attachment I've posted a screenshot of the moodle2.210 frontpage after login as an admin. Just the blue marked links  work.

Thanks in advance for some help!

Regards,

Monica