Assign Roles in System - Moodle 2.4.3

Assign Roles in System - Moodle 2.4.3

by Tara McGrath -
Number of replies: 5

Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering if someone could help. I am trying to assign a user as a student on a new moodle system I have build however when I go to the following location: Site administration>Users>Permissions>Assign System Roles, "Teacher" does not show in the table

Could someone let me know how to turn this on?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tara McGrath

Re: Assign Roles in System - Moodle 2.4.3

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Yes -please see Assign roles Teachers and students are assigned to the course where they teach, rather than globally.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tara McGrath -

Hi Mary, Many thanks for that! Yes I have tried to assign my user as a teacher using this web page however teacher does not show? any other ideas>?

In reply to Tara McGrath

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Tara. Do you want to assign a teacher to a course? Or do you need to assign a teacher to all the courses in your Moodle site? Or are you trying to assign a student (as you mention in your first post)? The teacher role will not appear in the list of  system roles because it is assigned only in courses, unless you have a very good reason to change that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tara McGrath -

Morning Mary, I was hoping to assign a teacher to all courses?

In reply to Tara McGrath

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Tara

To assign a teacher a front page role (assign her to all courses) you have to make a teacher role in system context. Refer here for doing this http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Assign_roles#System_context  . After that you have to assign a teacher a front page role from SEttings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles.