can you recover a Moodle2 that has repositories

can you recover a Moodle2 that has repositories

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 1

Hello

Using Moodle 2.4.3 and Windows server 2008 with IIS and MySql.

Is it possible to recover a Moodle from parts if you are using repositories? By that I mean you have a dump of the database with a matching copy of the Moodle folder and the moodle data folder and for disaster recovery purposes you have to recover everything onto a new IIS set up.

I think the repository screws up and won't let you open the page to manage repositories, or at least that is what happened when I recovered to a different site name, not had a chance to recover to the same name - has anybody got it to work successfully?

I'm possibly over worrying, but you need to plan for success.

Thanks
Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: can you recover a Moodle2 that has repositories

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Heather

You asked:
> Is it possible to recover a Moodle from parts if you are using repositories? By that I mean you have a dump of the database with a matching copy of the Moodle folder and the moodle data folder

I don't see a reason why it should break.

> and for disaster recovery purposes you have to recover everything onto a new IIS set up.

Well, IIS and the whole Microsoft empire is a different story. I hope its citizens can help you.

> I think the repository screws up and won't let you open the page to manage repositories, or at least that is what happened when I recovered to a different site name,

Did you have problems with http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Moodle_migration ?