SCORMed Course not updating Grades Internet Explorer 10

SCORMed Course not updating Grades Internet Explorer 10

by Mina Mohsen -
Number of replies: 3

The SCORMed course is not upgrading the grades and number of attempts, They remain zero and unattempted, However I've attempted the course many times. This issue appears only with internet explorer 10.

It's working fine with Chrome, But the major problem is that at our company we have more than 100K exployees, all of them are using internet explorer, So it'll be extremely hard to deploy Google Chrome at their machines, Please don't tell me this workaround.

Can someone please tell me any recommended settings for IE10 to solve this issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mina Mohsen

Re: SCORMed Course not updating Grades Internet Explorer 10

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi There,

You haven't provided enough information here for us to provide specific help but here's a good place for you to start:
http://danmarsden.com/blog/2012/08/08/scorm-doesnt-work-in-moodle/

before you post again - please read: SCORM_FAQ#Asking_for_Help_in_the_SCORM_Forum

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Charlie Williams -

Hi,

I have the issue reported above that IE10 is not recording any tracking data from a Flash based SCORM package.  I am using the SCORM html template that I believe still comes bundled with the Flash authoring system.

The SCORM will report in IE10 if I turn on compatibility mode manually on the browser.

I modified the player.php to take off the conditional, so it adds the XUA metatag regardless of the browser and hopefully force compatibility mode, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  I do need to check it in IE9 and see if it works.

I have edited the theme on a test site and added the X-UA tag right at the top of the document, which works.  However, I'm not sure whether this may cause other issues across the whole site

Any ideas?

Regards

Charlie

In reply to Charlie Williams

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Charlie,
it could be related to something we're trying to better identify: more details at MDL-41979.

HTH,
Matteo