TinyMCE behaving strangely after upgrade

Re: TinyMCE behaving strangely after upgrade

by Boris Puhanic -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Yvan,

I get the same results as you when I switch themes - tinymce works normally - and I also get errors relating to an old block when I switch debugging on.  The problem is I'm using a custom theme and I don't want to have to change it (unless I really have to), and the old block is one I use in almost every course on my site.  It's the 'Course Results' block and it hasn't been updated since 2.2.

Here are the debug errors I get:

The block course_results does not define the standard capability block/course_results:addinstance

line 606 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to debugging()
    line 584 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->has_add_block_capability()
    line 236 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->user_can_addto()
    line 1866 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->get_addable_blocks()
    line 1005 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_add_block_ui()
    line 353 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
    line 7 of /theme/rhubarb/layout/general.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
    line 847 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
    line 777 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
    line 243 of /course/view.php: call to core_renderer->header()

The exact same errors appear even when I switch themes even though the tinymce editor works in the other themes (such as Afterburner).  So I'm not sure whether it's the block or the theme.  I guess I'll try removing the block and see what happens.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Boris.

In reply to Boris Puhanic

Re: TinyMCE behaving strangely after upgrade

by Boris Puhanic -

I think I understand now.  I looked here about the '...does not define the standard capability block/course_results:addinstance' error: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-4306 and it's probably not the block that's causing it.  It looks like I'll just have to change my theme.

Thanks for the help.