floating yui menu left prevents sub menus from showing properly.
1. stick in a custom menu - e.g. paste in the sample one.
2. in chrome, firefox etc use the developer console / debugger to add a style of "float: left" to #custommenu's div (or any of its parent nodes).
3. Observe the sub-menus (never mind my horrible styles) - the last item appears chopped off .. hmm.
4. take that float out again
5. observe that the yui menus appear and the sub menus appear again (albeit still cropped for some reason)
YUI menu uses the offset method for hiding the display of sub menus, because it's apparently better on screen readers, which ignore the other method (setting them to display: none). But I made another menu based on display: none and the parent container was able to be floated wherever you like and the sub menus would appear.
Anyone else found this or a workaround?