Mahara ePortfolio on Moodle 2.5

Mahara ePortfolio on Moodle 2.5

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Number of replies: 1

I current have mnet set up between my Moodle 2.5 and Mahara 1.6 servers.  The SSO portion is working flawlessly, however when I attempt to add a file to my portfolio as a user when in Moodle I get an error.  I have configured the Mahara portfolio plugin and when in Moodle as a student and I upload a doc to an assignment the option to upload to portfolio is present.  However when I click on it I see the following error:

Failed to start communication with remote server: remote server error: code: , message: A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the systemERROR 4:
4: remote server error: code: , message: A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

More information about this error

Debug info:
Error code: failedtoping
Stack trace:
  • line 282 of /portfolio/mahara/lib.php: portfolio_export_exception thrown
  • line 57 of /portfolio/mahara/preconfig.php: call to portfolio_plugin_mahara->send_intent()

Would love some insight....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

Re: Mahara ePortfolio on Moodle 2.5

by Greg Rodenhiser -

Okay found the issue and fixed it.  I'll post in case anyone else has a similar setup.....

Both our Moodle 2.5 server and Mahara 1.6 server are behind Apache reverse proxies (https).  On both apache virtual host instances on the Apache reverse proxy (VH for each server, Moodle and Mahara), I simply had to add "ProxyPreserveHost On" after doing this everything worked.