Automatic grading for multi choice questions

Automatic grading for multi choice questions

Jerin das -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Team,

I set question behaviour as "manual grading". But I want to grade multi choice questions as automatically. I set % for each answers. Is there any way to get this? Please help me.

Regards,

Jerin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jerin das

Re: Automatic grading for multi choice questions

Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You really don't what to make that mistake. It is a real "I wouldn't start from here" situation. (Note that, from the next release, we have made it impossible to MDL-39512 make this mistake.)

Anyway, the solution to this mess has been given before in this forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=221113. Note that the only fix requires manual editing in the database.

Sorry.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Jerin das -

Hi Tim,

This is not a mistake. My quiz included so many essay questions, so I need manual grading. But it include some multiple choice questions also. but in this case I need automatic grading. so I need a mixed grading. Is this possible?

Regards,

jerin

In reply to Jerin das

Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Of course all essay questions need to be manually graded. Essay questions know this, and behave in the manually graded way, no matter what settings you choose in the quiz.

However, your confusion is completely natural. Teachers should not need to understand this kind of technicality in order ot use the quiz.

That is why we (finally) hid the manually graded option in the quiz settings. Selecting that option means "I want all my questions manually graded, whether they are essays or not" (but again this is not obvious from the UI). That is an almost useless option.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Jerin das -

Hi Tim,

Need some more clarifications. I am extremely for disturbing you again and again. Which question behaviour match to my need? I selected manual grading. Is this possible to make grading of multiple choice questions automatically without change the question behaviour "manual grading" to another?

Regards,

Jerin

In reply to Jerin das

Tim Hunt -

The quiz has a whole should probably be set to Deferred feedback.

(If you preview a question, you can try all the different behaviours and see how they work. You can also preview your quiz before students attempt it, to make sure it works the way you expect.)