I am using Moodle 2.4 and here is my scenario:
- I have a course with at least 2 sections, let's take 2 for this example.
- The 1st section is a graded activity, either a quiz (with a limited number of attempts) or a face to face activity graded by the teacher.
- The last section contains a certificate.
- The certificate will only be available to the student if he has passed the graded activity. (This is configured and working correctly)
- The certificate activity is marked as complete when the student has displayed it (working well too).
My need is:
- The course should be marked as complete (or even as passed) when the student has displayed the certificate.
- The course should be marked as failed when the student has failed the graded activity, i.e. not reached the defined passing score (and has no more attempts in the case of a quiz). In this case, the certificate will not be displayed at all.
- Once the student has failed the course, the system should keep track of the failure and display it in the reports.
- Once the student has failed the course, he should have the right to enrol to it again, but he would need to retake it from the start, i.e. from the first activity.
- Imagine that this time the student passes the course, then the system keeps track of the "pass"as well as of the "fail" statuses and displays both in the reports.
Would you be able to help me with steps 2 to 6?
For the moment I am blocked by the fact that the scores and completion statuses of the activities are remembered by the system. Even if the student unenrols and re-enrols, he does not have the right to start again with the course.
Also, When the graded activity is marked as failed, the course is not marked as such, it stays "in progress".
Thanks so much in advance for your guidance!