HELP? Moving quizzes from Moodle to Blackboard via Respondus?

HELP? Moving quizzes from Moodle to Blackboard via Respondus?

by Brad Mills -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone.  I have a school that uses Moodle and they are switching to Blackboard (against my advice smile)  I have Repondus on my computer.  How can I export the quizzes from Moodle and import them into Respondus?  I can't find any information on quizzes moving that direction.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

brad

Moodle 1.9.5

Blackboard 9.1 SP11

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brad Mills

Re: HELP? Moving quizzes from Moodle to Blackboard via Respondus?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As I've pointed out a few times before, when you wish to import data, activities, etc. into LMS #2 from LMS #1, it's up to LMS #2 to provide the tools for that operation.

Obviously, LMS #1 is not interested in facilitating a move away to LMS #2.

So it's up to the Blackboard team to help you out, not up to the Moodle people.

Joseph

PS.- You are talking about moving your courses from Moodle to Blackboard. How does Respondus come into the equation?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: HELP? Moving quizzes from Moodle to Blackboard via Respondus?

by Brad Mills -

Thanks for the reply.  We aren't moving courses, so to speak.  The faculty will be manually moving over particular items like documents, etc.

Respondus is a 3rd party software that can import/export quizzes and test questions.  The Respondus website says I need to install the "respondus module" on the moodle site in order to "retrieve" the moodle quizzes into Respondus, then convert them and drop them into blackboard.  

Our IT department doesn't rank that module installation as a priority, so i was wondering if anyone has ever exported moodle quizzes and imported them into Blackboard.  I usually see a lot of discussion on going the other way, from BB to Moodle.

thanks

brad