Question Creatin Activity for moodle 2.4

Re: Question Creatin Activity for moodle 2.4

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Number of replies: 7

Hello Marcus,

In my github repo https://github.com/jmvedrine/qcreate forked from Exabis there is a branch called workinprogress (name say it all smile) with the actual state of my work.

I think the "export good questions" will be working in a few days (it is already there but currently all questions are exported because I didn't had time to add the necessary code to lib.php in the qcreate_pluginfile function)

warning: files for backup/restore are here, but aren't finished so would badly crash if you try to backup/restore a course. My suggestion if you want to test the actual state is to simply remove the backup subdir.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Does anybody know how to contact Exabis developers to coordinate our work ?

My problem is that I need to have all the features I need working in a week from now (including French lang files, but fortunately I will only need backup/restore later).

I had French lang files for the 1.9 version, but I can' find them. Moodle 1.9 seems so long ago now ...

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

The "Export best questions" feature is working now in the "workinprogress" branch and the French lang file is 90% done.

If you try it don't forget to report bugs and problems.

Re: Question Creation Activity for moodle 2.4

by Jamie Pratt -

Hi Jean,

It is good to see that there is continued interest in this module. I hope to have time to chip in and help with the update and maintenance of this module too. I believe that Exabis have made further extensive changes to the code but have not published these on their github yet, I will get in touch with them and alert them to this discussion and see if they will let us know what their plans are.

Jamie

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I think it would be useful to point people coming on that thread that I posted in the "Teaching with Moodle" forum about the version I did for Moodle 2.7 see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=13707#p1149005

Re-thinking to it, I should have posted this message here in the General Developer Forum, but I as always I did a search and posted a reply to the most recent message on qcreate, not realising I was in the "Teaching with Moodle" forum smile

It would be interesting that people using one of the previous versions of qcreate for Moodle 2.x (Marcus ?) read this message because I posted about some bugs these versions have.

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

I tried to contact Exabis and Andreas, but unfortunately I didn't received any response.

I think it would be good to have this activity in the Plugin Directory, but I would prefer to have approval from Jamie, Peter or somebody from Hakodate University and Andreas or somebody from Exabis.

by Jamie Pratt -

Hi Jean-Michel,

It is great you have updated the module.

I have no objection to it being published in the plugins database. I did object to Exabis plans to add their branding on the icon representing the plug-in in the database which I thought could be a bit misleading.

I will email Peter but am pretty sure he would pretty happy about continued interest in the module too.

Cheers,

Jamie

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Jamie Pratt

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Thanks Jamie, That's good news !

My intention is to make clear in the text for the plugin database to give due credits to all contributors of this wonderful Moodle activity plugin.

I am still fighting a bug : when a student delete a question that was already graded the new calculated grade is wrong until a teacher garde or regrade a question created by this student, but once this is fixed I think that if I don't find any other problem the plugin will be ready for a first release.

According to my tests the version for Moodle 1.9 have the same problem if a student delete a graded question.

I will try to contact Peter and Exabis.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)