upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 faild question_match

Re: upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 faild question_match

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I know this is an old post but I ran into this today upgrading someone else's site and this is what I did to resolve it.

This seems to happen after a failed install - some tables are created and then when you try to reinstall, it has a fit because the tables are already there.

Once on the failed install page, click on Continue to Load the Plugins page.  Don't do anything yet...

Go into the database, rename all of the qtype table to their name with .old on the end. DO NOT just delete them as they do not always get recreated as they should.

Back to your Plugins page and click Continue.  This should now go through without a hitch.

Return to the database and make sure that all the tables were recreated.  I found that two were not - the qtype_match_options and the qtype_essay_options.  So I renamed those two tables that I had renamed previously back to their original names.  And this seems to be working.  

(Before renaming these tables back to their original names, I had discovered that I couldn't open match questions.) After the rename, these work again.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 faild question_match

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Good deal.  I was happy to find this post when I ran into the issue.  Got me pointed in the right direction!