Database and Cron Problems

Database and Cron Problems

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 6

Dear all,

I am desparate for someone to help me out with a problem created by an incompetant ISP.

Some three weeks back my ISP told me I had a virus in my installation, and after several days of deleting files etc, I questioned if he actually knew what he was telling me, which he finally admitted he didn't and agreed not to scan my site. Whereupon I asked that he restore my files back to a condition they were in prior to his asking me to delete them. This he duely did, but since then my cron jobs will not run, and I can not any longer edit course files, activities etc.

Any link I put into a sites link, is immediately deleted.

Below is a screen shot of my cron jobs run manually from within Moodle, and as you can see, it only goes around 14 lines or so, and the aborts.

The ISP now says, very kindly, that he thinks that the database may be corrupt, and that he can do nothing further to help me.

Can anyone please suggest what I may do to save my some 8 to 9 years of work? Please?

Attachment Cron.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Raper

Re: Database and Cron Problems

by Christian Herman -

Don't suppose you have a recent database & moodledata backup you could restore to a clean installation?

In reply to Christian Herman

by Paul Raper -

One of the aspects that makes me so mad about this situation is that it has taken the ISP 3 weeks to come to the conclusion that the database is corrupt, and further he only keeps a backup for 7 days, thus sadly there is no backup that goes back to when the system was working properly. sad

In reply to Paul Raper

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

I've had similar problems in the past. Depending on where you're hosted and what you can give me access to, I might be able to help.

You can contact me via private email address listed in my profile or via Skype ID listed there.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Paul Raper -

Hi Al,

I can ask my ISP what he is prepared to give access to, and you can then hopefully take a look. He's stumped, so I'd guess only too pleased if someone can help out.

Perhaps if you can give me some idea of what and how much access you need I can check with him, then I'll get back to you.

Paul

In reply to Paul Raper

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

I have replied to your Skype message.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Paul Raper -

Cheers Al

Let's see what can be done.

I have set you up access to the site dashboard, if you need more rights, can you let me know?

Paul