Moodle is an amazing find

Moodle is an amazing find

by Brian S -
Number of replies: 5

Before I began asking a mass of beginner questions and leeching members valuable time. I thought I would drop a quick few lines to say hello so,  Hi I am Brian....
By day I am I suppose an internet business consultant. I take projects, ideas or plans and make them a reality. This means I know around enough CSS to make it pretty until the graphic designer arrives. Roughly enough code to break it but a very talented mammal who can fix it. While all that is happening it ends up working brilliantly....smile 

I am thrilled to have found Moodle as a recent project required a cost effective way to setup a pretty elaborate e-learning system. Amazingly moodle checked just about all the boxes, in fact I am hard pressed to find things it does not do. 

So I am here to learn and hopefully eventually share something back, thanks in advance to any one who takes the time to read what will doubtless become an onslaught of questions. 

For now thanks for having me.

Average of ratings: Very cool (2)
In reply to Brian S

Re: Moodle is an amazing find

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well Brian ... welcome to Moodlebig grin  It certainly is amazing - and be warned - it's also amazingly addictivecool

In reply to Brian S

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Brian

Welcome!

The best part is Moodle's getting better with every iteration. We have the Community to thank for. Imagine the car that you drive keeps getting makeovers every N months. Thrilling stuff.

Frankie Kam
Malaysia

In reply to Brian S

by Antoinette Myburgh -

Hi Brian, I am just starting out with an eLearning cert and has spent the last couple of days totally fascinated with what (I think) Moodle can do. I say I think ... because I'm sure there is sooo much more to discover. I wish I had the time to look through every post as it seems you learn something from everyone. Wonderful prospect!

I can't wait to start developing and catch that addictive bug that Mary warns about!

In reply to Antoinette Myburgh

by Debra Montgomery -

Hi Antoinette, it's great to discover new Moodle tools. I went to Moodle Moot this year and discovered some great plugins that Richard and I plan on getting eg the whiteboard where Student Success staff could work together with students on creating practice essays. Exciting!