Question with Multiple Answers failing to import in Lessons?

Re: Question with Multiple Answers failing to import in Lessons?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nick "I also encountered the fact that you are limited to 4 possible answers in a MCQ, multianswer question type. So much so that when I imported a question with 6 choices, the last two could not be seen when editing the question."

Well, that limitation is due to the fact that you tried to import MCQ questions with more than 4 choices into a Lesson instance where you left the "Maximum number of answers" setting at its default value of 4. If you are planning to import MCQ questions with more than 4 choices, then when you create your Lesson (or later on, before import) you'll have to select a larger number of answers in that Lesson setting. And it will work!

Joseph

PS.- Don't worry about being "very new" to Moodle and asking questions. I have myself been using Moodle and more specifically the Quiz and Lesson activities for many years and there are still quite a few things I do not understand, especially with Lesson.wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)