Webinar Module - Adobe Connect - 3 issues

Webinar Module - Adobe Connect - 3 issues

by Margaret Richards -
Number of replies: 6

I could use some help resolving three issues that I haven't found referenced anywhere else. I tried posting on the plugin page as well sending to the developer himself but no responses.

1. The email that gets sent to participants that I enroll in a webinar (I am the teacher / admin) includes a link to join the webinar. If the person is not already logged into Moodle, once they do login they get this error "Must specify a course module or a webinar ID". They then can self-navigate to the course and webinar but the link could be improved.

2. The timing of my webinars is always off by one hour. I 'add session' and set the time but when I save it, the next screen that shows the summary of my sessions is 1 hour early. Both my moodle and AC time zones are set to UTC - 5 (East Coast US - NY). I don't know if the issue is related to daylight savings and if so, how to fix it. Screenshots attached.

3. If I try to edit a session I've already created, under "Host" it says "Select a host" but there are no names to select. Thus I can't save changes because the Host field is mandatory.

Thanks!

Attachment screenshot1.JPG
Attachment screenshot2.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Margaret Richards

Re: Webinar Module - Adobe Connect - 3 issues

by Sergio Rabellino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

AFAIK my Adobe connect module it's very different in it's interface, so i could think that your moodle provider has changed something in the source code of the module, breaking something useful.

Maybe you can ask them what's happening.

best regards,

sergio.

In reply to Sergio Rabellino

by Margaret Richards -

Ah - Sergio, I think you are using the plugin "Adobe Connect" and I am using the plugin "Webinar." The latter is for hosted plans and the former is for AC accounts hosted on your own server, I believe.

by Akinsaya Delamarre -

Hello Margaret,

The two plug-ins are similar.  I can only speak for the Adobe Connect Pro module in that it can be used for both hosted and non hosted accounts.

However in the case with hosted accounts the SSO feature does not work.

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Remote_Learner_Adobe_Connect_Pro_Module

In reply to Akinsaya Delamarre

by Michael Crawley -

On this topic, which is the/a recommended Webinar (FREE) Plugin for Moodle?

by Kate Hance -

Hi Margaret! We are also trying to implement the Adobe Connect webinar and are having a problem. We messaged the creator of the plugin but haven't heard anything back, and it's difficult to find folks who are using the Webinar and not Adobe Connect Pro.

We can get all the way to the Adobe Webinar login screen, but then can't log in with our username and password. Do you remember if there was some kind of Moodle setting that could be preventing us from logging in? 

Thanks so much for any feedback,

Kate