Separate glossary for each student

Separate glossary for each student

by Jerin das -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I want to create separate glossary for each student in a course. The glossaries should not be visible each other. It should be personal (private0 for the particular student and teacher. is this possible? please help me. With our your help I cant go forward.

Thanks,

Jerin

La media da valetaziuns: -
In reply to Jerin das

Re: Separate glossary for each student

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Jerin

Create group for each student and assign into it. follow this doc http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Groups  .

Then create a glossary in the course and in the common module settings set available for group members only.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Jerin das -

Hi Sakshi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I cannot see 'available for group members only' in the common module settings. Please help me

Regards,

Jerin

In reply to Jerin das

by Mary Cooch -
Maletg da 	Documentation writers Maletg da 	Moodle HQ Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Testers Maletg da 	Translators
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jerin das -

I cannot see the group mode options

In reply to Jerin das

by Jerin das -

I clicked the "show advanced". I could see grouping,available for group members only ,visible, id number. But cant see Group mode option. trest . any idea?

In reply to Jerin das

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Jerin 

Sorry but groups can't be used in following activities Glossary, Lesson, and SCORM. http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Groups_FAQ#Which_activity_modules_do_NOT_support_group_mode.3F

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Joseph Rézeau -
Maletg da 	Core developers Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Plugin developers Maletg da 	Testers Maletg da 	Translators

That's what I said in my message at 1:58 PM.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Joseph

Actually when i start writing there is no post of yours and when i finished this and post it i see your post. You can see there is very little time difference.

In reply to Jerin das

by Joseph Rézeau -
Maletg da 	Core developers Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Plugin developers Maletg da 	Testers Maletg da 	Translators

Hi Jerin,

Sorry, but you cannot do that (have glossaries visible only to some students and not to others).

What you can do, using groups (and groupings) is to restrict the rights to add entries to glossaries.

If you tell us more precisely why you want a "separate glossary" per student, which I find a rather strange request, then we might be able to help you. Maybe the Database activity would be more suitable than Glossary. Please read the Database documentation.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jerin das -

Hi Joseph,Its our client's request. They want a vocabulary journal. They don't want to share each student's vocabulary with others. I think private glossary will solve this issue. Please help to fin out a solution.

Regards,

Jerin