Error in 1.5 alpha!

Error in 1.5 alpha!

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 5

Of course there are going to be errors in the dev code but I am just testing the latest 1.5 and was wondering if I was doing something wrong or is this just something that is waiting to be fixed ....

Attachment moodle_001.jpg
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Error in 1.5 alpha!

by Darren Smith -
After being prodded by a large, pointy, Australian stick I thought it may be a good idea to raise this in the bug tracker - Bug #3093 approve
In reply to Darren Smith

by Jeff Graham -
Any  more information would be helpful:

Was this an empty course?
Were students enrolled?
Were there any graded assignments?
Is the error repeatable? ie. if you refreshed the page did it go away?

In reply to Jeff Graham

by Darren Smith -

Hello

Refresh does not help
Upgrading to the latest 1.5 has not helped
There are graded assignments (online text, journal)
There are no students enrolled ... thoughtful hmmm thoughtful  
It's a meta course which was not pointed to a course for enrollments so I pointed it to a course but this did not make any difference sad

A-ha!

I then got my test user to log in and it seems to have fixed it! big grin
Unenrolling the only course user brings the error message back

Thanks

Darren

In reply to Darren Smith

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Darren,

I'm trying to track this one down. I can't reproduce your error (yet) All I get is "No grades returned" in a red box, which is what I think you should be seeing as well.

I'm not clear what you mean by "online text," which module is that graded item from. Also could you list all modules that have graded items that are in use?

Once you enrolled the test user did you get "no grades returned" or did you get actual grades returned?
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Darren Smith -

When a student is enrolled there are 2 assignments shown in the grade book (no marks exist yet so it is just showing 0% - which is as you would expect)

1 of the assignments is set to online text - this is the replacement for the journal and allows students to submit work by typing into moodle using the HTML editor

The other is a journal - which is strange as I thought this didn't exist anymore mixed

There is also a quiz in there which is not showing in the gradebook (dunno if it's s'posed to - the deadline is set to 30th may)

To be honest I didn't set the course up - a couple of people have asked if they could play in a 1.5 environment so I let them have a course.

If you would like a password (pupil? teacher? admin?) send me a moodle message and i'll sort one out smile

EDIT: I have just added a journal in another course in the same 1.5 install andfor that course I get the red box no matter what I do - I can't recreate the error except in the original course ...

EDIT PART 2: I get this if I try to download the gradebook as text from the broken course

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1138

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1179

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1179

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php:1138) in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1268

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php:1138) in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1270
First name Surname ID number Institution Department Email address Assignment: sample online - Max: 100 Journal: sample - Max: 72 Total
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/communities/grade/lib.php on line 1287