BBB - Multiple meetings / scheduled mettings

BBB - Multiple meetings / scheduled mettings

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

I have a client who uses continuous enrolment and needs to run meetings as a "days after enrolment" type schedule. They have worked out a complex system of dates for when different levels of enrolment would be available for the next virtual meeting. Think of it like this:

• Day 1 : User 1,2 & 3 enrol
  • Day 25: User 4 & 5 enrol
  • Day 30 : Users 1, 2 & 3 do their first scheduled meeting over BBB, share files, do video conferences, that stuff. (Not recorded or assessed)
  • Day 45: More users enrol
  • Day 55 : Users 4 & 5 do their first scheduled meeting
  • Day 60 : Users 1, 2 & 3 have their second scheduled meeting, which is recorded and assessed.
  • etc ...

We don't know the calendar dates of "day N", except by counting them out. Days after enrolment type scheduling is a pain, but that's the job.

Our second problem is that BBB seems to have a "single activity = single meeting" association. So over time, the course is going to have a stack of use-once-then-discard activities, which is something I'd like to avoid.

I'd like to know if there's a way to modify the plugin for moodle (or if there is an existing plugin) that allows multiple schedules for a single activity.

Average of ratings: -