Hiding default section names without screwing up navigation

Hiding default section names without screwing up navigation

by Oliver Stearn -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

Sorry to bring this tedious subject up yet again, but Ive spent all morning browsing the forums and Im not sure a good solution has been found to this problem in 2.4.

so on some courses, my topics look like this.

as you can see I dont really need a topic name as it is in the banner below. I neither need the default 'Topic 1' or anything else I could think up. I have seen people giving the section name a blank space, but this removes the section from the navigation (see below):

I know I could hide the topic name through adding a bit of custom CSS but I dont want it to take effect on all courses (only these ones with banners) - I certainly dont want it to effect any courses that only show one topic per page!.

So I want to hide the section names from the sections themselves but not the navigation. I saw Mary Cooch created

on the subject, where she adds some css to a label, hiding it on only the current course. This solutoin sounds good but I dont seem to be able to add css to a label (tinymce strips it out, even after allowing trusted content). I thought I had got to grips with css but in the video above, she suggests using commented out code... not sure I understand how that works :p.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -