Space problems on the grading page for assignments

Space problems on the grading page for assignments

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 2

Upgrading to 2.5 and I wonder how wide of a monitor is needed to make this page useable?

In earlier versions, the Navigation pane could be sent to the side bar but now, apparently it cannot.  It takes up valuable real estate on the screen pushing columns to the right causing the grade column to disappear. This requires me to constantly have to use the horizontal scroll bar.  Can the navigation pane be reset to being side-bar dockable?

Can the columns be re-arranged and move "Status" and "Final Grade" to before the "Last Modified" columns.

Lastly, but not leastly, Is there any way to get the assignment title to be shown on the page where the assignment is being graded?  The bread crumbs list only shows the first four characters.  How useless is that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Space problems on the grading page for assignments

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me what theme you are using please - on mine the navigation block is dockable using any of the base/standard themes. The only themes I am aware of where the dock does not work are the  bootstrap based ones (although there is I believe a fix available that Bas put into his bootstrap theme for 2.4 so hopefully that will find its way into the core version shortly).

Also can you say exactly what page you are not seeing the assignment title on as I can see it in full on my 2.5 version using either Clean (bootstrap) or Standard, on all the assignment pages I have tried. So I suspect these issues may possibly be theme based.

I also have status and grade to the left of the last modified columns - ah apologies, FinalGrade is the right most column (missed it because of exactly your point about the width of the page! smile ). I think changing the order of these columns would need to be done by modifying the mod/assign/gradingtable.php file.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Space problems on the grading page for assignments

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I don't know what these but maybe you can determine from the picture.  We are still in test mode.

This is also the page to which I refer.  When I click on the assignment then click on the option to grade the assignment.  Here is where I would like to see the assignment title.

Are these, and the following editable in the gradingtable.php file?

Make the e-mail collapsed by default.
Column names/titles?
Using dd/mm/yy hh:mm instead of a fully spelled out date time for "Last Modified" columns.

This is a test entry from my "dummy" student.

Attachment Moodle 2.5.png