Certain kind of quiz report

Certain kind of quiz report

de Julian Flock -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm a student in teaching mathematics and interested in a certain kind of quiz report. It would be great, if you could categorize wrong answers of the multiple-choice test to several "kinds of mistakes". I couldn't find this possibility in moodle. I have some basic skills in php and MySQL but never wrote a plugin. So my question is, if it is possible to write a plugin, which solves this problem. My first idea was to write a new question-type, called "Multiple-Choice with categorizable answers". Is this an approach that makes sense?
Thank you for your help.

Greetings

Promeyo de puntuacions: -
In reply to Julian Flock

Re: Certain kind of quiz report

de Jamie Pratt -

What you want to do might be best done as a quiz report. You can write a new plug in to define a quiz report. And quiz reports can set up tables for their own purposes in the Moodle db.

But there would be advantages to making a special question type too. Probably you could extend the existing multiple choice question type and add bits to the question editing form to specify a category for each answer. If you make a special question type then you could back up and restore and export import this information too, which you would not be able to do from within a quiz report plug in.

Tell us more about what you mean by 'kind of mistake'?

In reply to Julian Flock

Re: Certain kind of quiz report

de Tim Hunt -
Imachen de Core developers Imachen de Documentation writers Imachen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imachen de Peer reviewers Imachen de Plugin developers

Another thing to look at is STACK's concept of 'Answer note': https://github.com/maths/moodle-qtype_stack/blob/master/doc/en/Authoring/Potential_response_trees.md#answer-note-answer_note

That could be generalised to all question types. Jamie's suggestion to look at the response analysis in teh statistics is also good.