students dissappearing

students dissappearing

by Richard Barnes -
Number of replies: 0

We are currently using version 2.1.4 but will soon upgrade to 2.5, so this issue may go away with the upgrade. One of my teachers reported to me:>>Some of the student's names are disappearing randomly from courses that they were enrolled in.   For example,  when I taught my last course, we entered all their grades into Moodle.  We then exported and printed out the grades in excel spreadsheet.  When I tried to access their grades online, three student's name had disappeared from the course.  I was able to add them back into the course and reenter their grades because we had a backup copy of their grades.<<

I have already taken the following steps:

1. I went into our  site and checked Site administration > Server > Cleanup and made sure all the settings for student enrollment and grades were set to Never and saved the changes afresh. So we are OK there.
  2. We use only manual enrollment. I checked the course settings for enrollment at Administration > Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods > Manual enrollment. It is set so that  students should never be unenrolled, unless someone manually unenrolls them, such as an administrator, manager, or teacher.

I found a few posts about students and teachers disappearing, but they go back 2-4 years and there were only 3-4 people. I also checked Moodle Tracker and there was a question posted about this, but it was not closed and no one seems to be working on it.

So, any more suggestions? Is this just one of those "Moodle mysteries?"

Average of ratings: -