Clouds v2.0

Clouds v2.0

by Julian Ridden -
Number of replies: 20

Attatched is the zip for version 2 of my Clouds theme.

Many ammendmends have been made to the theme to bring it into line with the current 1.5alpha release as well as fixing many bugs and inconsistencies in the css files.

It is now a 100% width theme.

Screencap

Click here for a 100% view

Lastly if you wish to upload them, it replaces the icons for most items and menus with new ones sourced from many places, but mainly foood.net.

The version 2 theme can be seen in action at http://www.monte.nsw.edu.au/~Moodle

As always comments/bugs/fixes are always welcomed

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: Clouds v2.0

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
The theme is great. Congratulations, Julian! smile

The only thing that worries me, though, is... can we use it? (foood.net icon use)
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Julian Ridden -
I will contact the webmaster of food.net and get clarification. Thanks for pointing that out.

by Michael Penney -
If not, this gal's stuff is GPL and very nice:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=14838
In reply to Michael Penney

by Michael Penney -
Also the nuvola theme at KDE-look has some very nice icons, all GPL. I'm redoing my 1.5 with them right nowsmile.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Darren Smith -
Do you have a URL? I typed in nuvola at the site and wasn't sure which one you were talking about!

TIA

by Nicolas Martin Berisso -

i don´t why i have this error  Module "mail" is not readable - check permissions... do you know what addon is it or i need to install

Thanks

In reply to Nicolas Martin Berisso

by Artur Moskala -
this is coused by the fact that this theme provides icons for addtional modules that are not implementet in 1.5dev. So just remove catologs which couse showing this message from mod directory. There should be only icon file inside them.

by Zhigang Sun -
It's wonderful in IE. But in firefox, it looks like the attachment, sad

Attachment Snap1.jpg
In reply to Zhigang Sun

by Will Muenchow -
same problem here. Works great in IE but moves off tilt in FireFox/Mozilla - Great looking theme though.
In reply to Zhigang Sun

by Julian Ridden -

I will be uploading V3 of this theme on Monday and that fixes the above issue. It also now uses 1.5's ability for custom icon sets and shared CSS so that the fixed fidth and 100% width use the same files. Stay tuned for the update.

P.S. Kepp the feedback coming.

by John Papaioannou -
Hi Julian,

I don't know if you 've already seen this post, but it explains how to solve the above problem. The problem appears because your theme was originally based on standard theme before some important changes were done to standard.
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Juan Aburto -

nah! i hate it...

and sorry mate but i am too tired of been polite to every body around here...

and to be honest theme is about improvements and if you really call this and improve theme site... you neeed some therapy!

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
(Apologies for cross-posting...)

Juan, I've moved to Moodle from a proprietary VLE that had no choice of themes whatsoever. sad I think it's great that Moodle Themes are so easy to create and customise and that we have a community that is so willing to share! big grin

A big THANK YOU to you, Julian and everyone else who shares their themes! big grin
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Julian Ridden -
well, can't knock a man for an honest opinion.

by Juan Aburto -

AFTER PARTY with a hang over! Wow!

I am very sorry that happened to me, I did have some Bacardi that night and also hosted a party at home, I did left a post in the plomo theme to apologise for the delay,

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17636&parent=118029 ; and my mistake was not to log out and left the computer there running, some idiots from my party use the computer while I was doing the bbq in the balcony, SOME JOKE! In the post clearly show that you go and figure this one out after leaving the post, see two guys one really drunk the other not so drunk, I have three idiots that Ill be looking for and kick some buttocks. You can see the time of the post, all  are 15 or 20 minutes apart from my original post.

Please, I can only said to leave the post if we are all ok with the bad joke and actually forget the whole situation and learn from my mistake never leave your pc unattended.

I assume total responsibility for this post left not by me; I know that will be hard to believe, but what can we do?

I apologise to the people that read this post, and for those who were judged unappropriated.

Thanks

Martin if you can, please delete it or leave it.

Juan Aburto

by Shane Tooley -

Julian,

I noticed on your Monte site that you have an extra icon down the side of a post for students, teachers and admins. Would you mind sharing how to do this, as I'm running a Moodle site at school and this would be great thing to have.

Shane T.