Google Drive Repository/Google Apps

Google Drive Repository/Google Apps

by David Morrow -
Number of replies: 2

I am having problems with the Google Drive Repository. We also use Google Apps for Education. GAPPS and the Google Docs repository were working fine until the 2.5 upgrade. The specific problem I am presenting in this forum is the following.

• User logs into Moodle
  • Attempts to add a file to a course, File Picker launches
  • Select Google Drive and click login
  • pop-up box flashes on and off
  • Error displayed in a second pop-up with the following:

Exception - Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2/files?q=%27root%27%20in%20parents%20AND%20trashed%20%3D%20false&fields=items%28id%2Ctitle%2CmimeType%2CdownloadUrl%2CfileExtension%2CexportLinks%2CmodifiedDate%2CfileSize%2CthumbnailLink%29: (403) The domain policy has disabled third-party Drive apps

From some other reading, I get the impression that this has to do with our Google Apps account. I am the admin and can make any changes suggested.

Any help is much appreciated!

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Morrow

Re: Google Drive Repository/Google Apps

by Dan Poltawski -

Hi David,

I assume you've enabled the 'Google Drive API' in the settings of your API client (as described in http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Google_OAuth_2.0_setup)?

If so, it looks like its a problem with your Google Apps for education settings, I don't have access to a google apps domain to test with, but looking at this stack overflow thread, you need to:

• Go to your domain management console
  • Click on Google Drive settings
  • Tick 'Allow users to install Google Drive apps'

Its worth noting (because some people get confused) that the Google Drive plugin will work with any google account, even if setup in your drive domain (if students want to login with the personal account they can).

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Re: Google Drive Repository/Google Apps

by David Morrow -

Dan - Hello!

You are awesome - Thank you!

Yes, I did enable the Drive API, but I did not realize that I needed to allow users to install Google Drive apps. I didn't make that connection. That one tick made all of the difference.

Thanks again!

David