Distractors in Lesson Matching Q

Distractors in Lesson Matching Q

by Kimber Warden -
Number of replies: 7

According to http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Lesson_question_types#Matching_questions, I can add distractors to the list of possible answers in a matching question by leaving blank the "question" part of a question/answer pair and entering a wrong answer in the answer part.

But when I do this and save, the question/answer pairs containing the distractors are stripped out and disappear. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've tried entering a blank space in the question portion, but then the Lesson module just treats them like a regular question/answer pair. 

I'm using 2.2.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kimber Warden

Re: Distractors in Lesson Matching Q

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kimber,

As far as I can remember, the Matching question has never worked like that. I wanted to remove the misleading information from the documentation but the Documentation Wiki for Moodle 1.9 is now locked, so it can't be modified.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kimber Warden -

Thanks for your reply. Too bad it's not possible. It would be a very pedagogically sound feature.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joseph,

The page Kimber references above can be modified if you log in after clicking on the Edit tab. I don't feel confident enough to edit it myself.

Personal question if I may, each time I have looked, I have not been able to figure it out... what is the mystery photo #2, IMGP3533_4_5_6_7-2.jpg, on your photo gallery page?

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Al,

1.- I do know how to edit the Docs Wiki, but it seems that at the moment the 1.9 docs has been "locked". Here is the message I get: "This wiki has temporarily been set to read-only mode. Please contribute to the Moodle Docs 2.5 wiki instead."

2.- Thanks for your interest in my photo gallery. That mystery photo is a close-up of a slice of a pear.

Joseph

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joseph,

That's odd. When I am on the page at http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Lesson_question_types#Matching_questions and click the Edit tab, it gives me a log in page. Once I log in, then it will open the wiki page in edit mode. I can also just click on the Log in link at the top right corner, the the edit tab works.

I wonder if we are seeing the same thing? Here is what I see: xxx

I never would have guessed that was a pear. Am I correct, the building pictured with the old bicycle in the roundabout is actually just a wall with a door and window?

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Joseph Rézeau -

@Al,

Of course, I see exactly the same, and I can log in and edit... but I cannot save my modifications. Have you tried it?

Joseph

by AL Rachels -

Hi Joseph,

Now I understand...as I said before I was unsure what would need to be the new text, so I did not try changing anything and therefore never tried to save. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

AL