how to set frontpage like own website

how to set frontpage like own website

by lutfun shorna -
Number of replies: 3

hi,

i m going to make a teaching website.i already create the template but now i  cant set homepage like what i want?i cant change the front page rule from my admin pannel? i want to see my hompage like( welcome to our site or some description ) not news item or course catagory.i mean when people login to our page they can see just (welcome) and without navigation button,calander or other button.please response to me soon.

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lutfun shorna

Re: how to set frontpage like own website

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Lutfun

You can dock all the block on the home page check this http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Dock  .

To remove the course categories from the front page you can change the setting for it from settings > Front page settings > edit settings   and select 'None' for front page and front page items when logged in setting. And enable the Include topic section (put a tick)

Then you can add a label on the home page "Welcome to -----" and with the help of HTML editor can change its look.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

Re: how to set frontpage like own website

by lutfun shorna -

hi sakshi,

thanks a lot for ur response but from where i can find (a label on the home page "Welcome to -----" and with the help of HTML editor can change its look.)??

cause i write in description in welcome to homepage but its does not appear to my website? if possible kindly tell me.

thanks