Add activity or resource

Add activity or resource

by Ana Rodrigues -
Number of replies: 6

I have instaler my moodle and created a disciplin but i´m unnable to add a resource or an activity, i can see the link but it´s inactivated.

I changes the type of insertion and I can see the combo boxes for both resources and activities and choose what I desire to add, but after that I can do anything.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ana Rodrigues

Re: Add activity or resource

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ana,

Please could you state your Moodle version and theme along with environment and web browser details.  Is JavaScript turned off?  Have you made any changes to user settings from installing Moodle?  When using the 'combo boxes' did you then click the 'go' button?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ana Rodrigues -

Dear Gareth,

I´m using moodle 2.4.3 and the theme arialist.

The javascript is enable both in firefox 21.0 and IE 8.0.6001.18702, the web browsers that i have instaled on my pc.

I think i didn´t make any changes on the settings, I used softaculous to install my moodle.

When using the combo boxes e never see the 'go' button.

Thanks

Ana

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ana,

Thank you.  What is 'softaculous'?  Does the issue happen in other themes like 'standard'?  If you do not see the 'go' button then something is really odd.  Please could you post a screen shot.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ana Rodrigues -

Dear Gareth,

Softaculos is a cpanel application, that I used to install moodle.

I tried also Form Factor and other and have the same problem.

I send a image of the screen that I see.

Ana

Attachment moodle.jpg

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Ana,

Thanks for the screen shot.  Just realised that the 'Go' button only shows up when JavaScript is turned off.  Otherwise with the 'Activity chooser' off the drop downs show but the 'Go' button is not there.

What concerns me is the fact that you have no side blocks so is something else going on?

My gut says that something is preventing JavaScript from running.  Can you try with if off using the web browser settings, it's on the 'Content' tab of 'Options' on FireFox.  Failing that, install FireBug (http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Firebug) and see if there are any errors there.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Dear Ana,

please look at the issue MDL-39949, the similar problem was already reported. This looks like some other javascript code on the page that has an error and therefore everything else stops working.

As Gareth has said already, can you please open the console in your browser (usually by pressing button F12) and look for javascript errors there while the page is loading. If you see any, please comment on issue MDL-39949

Thanks
Marina