Question about Workshop module (1)

Re: Question about Workshop module (1)

by Ray Kingdon -
Number of replies: 0
Yes, the sequence is asessment, allow that assessment to be changed during the "editing time", then make the assessment available to the student whose submission it is. After the editing time the assessment goes from "Edit" to "View" from the point of view of the student who does the assessment. (Aside. I'm pretty sure an assessment shows up in the "Recent Items" as soon as it's made which is wrong. I'm revisiting that area soon so I hope to fix that. It all relates to the Log file handling by the module, I'm just begining to appreciate how it OUGHT to do it approve )

I take your point about doing an assessment over a period. I would have thought the "Assessment must be agreed" option would be useful.

Ah, that option and the other fancy bits are documented by the pop-up help boxes. They are seen when you click on the small yellow circle with the Question Mark. In version 1.1 the module is getting littered with them, they're like a rash wink Now they may not be too helpful, I don't know until you tell me differently. I revised a number for version 1.1 (apologies to the translators black eye )

If you allow "Resubmissions" the new submissions are really treated like brand new assignments and get allocated to peers for assessment just like first submissions. However, as the assessors may well have forfilled their quota of assessments by that stage of the assignment there may not be any "spare" capacity to make assessments on these new submissions. That "problem" can be solved by deleting the old submissions, that also deletes the associated assessments and now the assessors are below quota again and the new submissions will be allocated to them. (Not too fair on the assessors perhaps, but it's a good learning process!)

Hope this helps (unlike the pop-ups?)
Ray