Course format

Course format

by lara matar -
Number of replies: 2

Good morning

i just started using moodle. Is there a way to add 3 specific sections as default sections to all my courses as I have around 100 course. I am already using the weekly format, I would like to know also how can star the week on Saturday instead of monday example 25 may to 29 may. 

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lara matar

Re: Course format

by Paula Clough -

Lara,

Are you using a version of Moodle 2?  

As an administrator you can go to Site Administration=> Courses => Course default settings.  That will let you  set weekly format with the number of weeks/topics that you have selected.

I am not sure about the change in week for the course, if you change the day the course begins in the course settings page after it will change the week title in the course to starting that day of the week.

Paula

In reply to lara matar

Re: Course format

by Floyd Saner -

Lara,

I believe your question is how to create three topics/sections that are automatically inserted into each course.  For example, Section 1 might include instructions on how to use Moodle, Section 2 might include links and instructions for technical support, etc.

There is no way to make this a default for each course.  However, you can accomplish this in the following way.

1. Create a course that has the three default sections you want to include in all your courses.  Give this course a name something like Template.
  2. In each new course, click "Import" in the Course Settings block.  You will be able to select and import your Template.
    1. The imported Sections (from the Template) will appear in the same Topic/Section numbers in your new course.  For example, Section One content from the Template will appear in Section One of the new course.
    2. If the new course already has other content in the Sections you want to import, drag some blank sections into the slots where your imported content will appear.

In order to change Calendar settings (start of week; weekend days), go to 

Site administration ► Appearance ► Calendar

Also see http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Calendar_settings

Let us know if you have other questions.

Floyd