Google Doc repository problem...All users share the same google doc space??

Google Doc repository problem...All users share the same google doc space??

by Lufei Su -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Does anyone have the same problem?

My moodle version is 2.3 . I've followed the instruction "Google_Docs_repository" & "Google_OAuth_2.0_setup " to set up google doc repository.

While setting OAuth , I use my google accout to get the clent-id and secret and it works. I can successfully reach my google documents in the repository .

Then , my colleague logs in moodle by his own account in another computer, and he can reach MY google document as well !

This is beyond my common sense. Looks like that all site shares the same google document space.

Is it because that we only use one OAuth client id and secret to registry my moodle site and then the space becomes global ?

Is there anything I miss? or anything I've not configured yet?

What should I do to let each user can just reach his own google space?

Thanks very much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lufei Su

Re: Google Doc repository problem...All users share the same google doc space??

by Dan Poltawski -
Hi Lufei,

This is not the case, your colleague should only be able to access your google account if you have logged into google with their account on your computer. Moodle can't get to google without being logged into your account.

So, i'm not quite sure what happened..
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Wen Hao Chuang -

Hi Dan, long time no see, how have you been?

It looks like the current http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Google_OAuth_2.0_setup might not be 100% accurate. It seems that Google has changed their admin console UI design, and I can no longer easily find the place where I can put in the "Authorized Redirect URIs." Do you know where I can find it? I also find it a bit confusing as there are Google "Developers Console" (which then you have the OAuth setup under Credentials, as described in the current Moodle docs) and Google "Admin Console" (where you type in https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/[your domain name], and the related settings are under the "Security" group). Any chance we can update the current Moodle doc to reflect the new Google dashboard changes? Many thanks! smile

Wen

In reply to Lufei Su

by Rebecca Rosecrans -

I was experiencing a similar issue but I was on one computer, not separate ones like you reported. Nevertheless, is it possible that you were on that other computer and happened to already be logged into your Google account?

The hang up is with Google and your browser. The browser is keeping your Google account logged in. I was using Internet Explorer 9 and it wasn't so obvious. It even looked like I was logged out of my Google account; however, when I purposly logged in, then immediately out, of my Google account I couldn't access the Google files when I returned to moodle.

When I used Google Chrome it was obvious. I was in moodle & could access my docs. I opened another tab and went to my Google. Sure enough, it detected that I was logged in to Google.

What's worse, there's a log out button in the file picker. I clicked that every time. It doesn't work. I think users would miss logging out after adding a file anyhow. I don't think my teachers would feel comfortable using the Google repository in moodle if they know a student could potentially access their files because they forgot to log out of Google. -closing the browser, and logging off of moodle did't affect the link to Google.sad

In reply to Lufei Su

by anna ko -

Thank you for this post - at least i am not alone with this issue! smile

I am using Moodle 2.6 and trying to set Google Drive plugin.. And i cannot understand, part of the setup http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Google_OAuth_2.0_setup i suppose to go into MY google account and copy MY client ID into the settings (as admin).. What is the logic behind?

..hope you solved this meanwhile and can share your experience ..or anyone else ..please advise!