Wiki

Teacher wikis in Moodle 2.2

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Lisa Williams
Teacher wikis in Moodle 2.2

Following a move from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.2 we noticed that the 'Teacher' wiki's that we had in our site had not upgraded well. 

In a nutshell, it's possible to see the wiki pages if you are a Teacher or an Admin - you have to go to the 'Map' tab and select 'page list' from the drop down menu.  If they click on 'Page index' in the drop down however, we just get a blank page called 'teacher'. 

Students accessing the wiki however only see the blank 'teacher' page, and are not able to get to the wiki pages as you would want them to.

A quick Google search suggests that other people have had similar issues (though I haven't come across any resolutions however).  As this is the case I thought I'd bite the bullet and manually recreate it in Moodle 2.2...

...all of which leads me to my question:

Is it possible to create 'teacher' wiki's in Moodle 2.2?  The course owner wants the wiki to be seen by students but not to be editable by them. 

Many thanks

(BTW:  If anyone has found a resolution to this upgrade issue, I'd be very keen to hear about it!)

Unfortunately

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Teacher wikis in Moodle 2.2
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello there. Perhaps #1 in Wiki module FAQ could help you?

Picture of Lisa Williams
Re: Teacher wikis in Moodle 2.2

Oh my goodness!  I was so fixated on the migration side of the problem I completely missed this blindingly obvious bit of information - thank you.