questions & comments

questions & comments

by Daniel Boronat Cisteré -
Number of replies: 3

hi, i'm interested to implement a new feature of moodle.  The main idea is that students can put a postit asking the teacher for something they don't understand in a lesson. The postit can only be seen by the teacher and the student that has posted it. The teacher can answer the post individually or  extend the response to all the students in the course. I'm not sure how i'm gonna make it. I will thank for all the suggestions you can make to me.

thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Boronat Cisteré

Re: questions & comments

by Michael Penney -
Hmm, 1.5 has instant messaging built in, so you would just need to put a link to the teacher's instant message link (in her/his profile page) into your lesson to make this happen.

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I do this with Dialogue module, which has been replaced by the much better Messaging module in 1.5

by Joan Codina Filba -
One of the interesting thing of such an utility should be to have "notes" on the text provided for study.
The text(a book, an HTML or text resource) can be written by the teacher or just be a text extracted from somewhere else and given to the students for reading.
The student should be able to tie the question to a given paragraph, and the teacher can enrich a text publishing the notes. If it its a lesson written by him, then he can simply change the paragraph to explain better or expand the concepts contained in.
These notes can also be reflections of the student over the text, and thus allows for a further discussion on the resource  at  classroom based on the opinions expressed by the students in the area of text where they have the opinion. Once done, at classroom the text can be read by sections all together with the opinions, and have a debate, between the different positions expressed in the notes.