Question Images moddle2.4

Question Images moddle2.4

by Sanjeev Kumar -
Number of replies: 10

I have made two moodle server

first is in Local Server with the support of XAMPP Server and second one in the online. I creates too many multipkle choice questions in local server and I want to send it online server but when I use export (Gift) and Import option questions come perfectly but without images and I am unable to find the image in local server and URL is not user friendly for me suggest what I do?

Example of URL: http://192.168.1.247/onlinetest/pluginfile.php/1/question/questiontext/283/1/372/Ibm-2-30.jpg

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sanjeev Kumar

Re: Question Images moddle2.4

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

You could use another format to export your questions on your local server and import them back on your other server. Moodle XML format is a very good choice for that and include images contrary to Gift that don't include images.

Using the url is not a good way.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Sanjeev Kumar -

Thank you for your reply

It is working fine but one another issue come up It creates duplicate Questions I think It exports without Question ID.

Can I do like if I synchronize directly database Table and Picture through FTP or any thing else.

by Sanjeev Kumar -

Is there no any one for help me out for my issues... mixed

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I am sorry but I have never seen any problem with duplicate questions when importing questions with Moodle XML

So most likely you have done something wrong if you ended with duplicate questions.

It is difficult to be more helpfull without more informations.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you sure that the duplicates are not the ones that you imported before without the pictures?  I have not seen it create duplicates before.  I would not suggest syncing the tables and files as I could see issues with the question finding the picture. Why not just sort the questions by creation date or something similar in the database and then delete out the duplicates?

by Pierre Pichet -

Effectively the export import process  is not a  backup restore process. 

Your synchro is more like running moodle on multiple servers.

Pierre 

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Sanjeev Kumar -

Thanks to all of you for giving reply, so I checked numbers of time because I beleived I am doing something wrong thats why I am giving reply little late but error is same for that I am pasting here the video of that work Kindly let me know where I am doing the wrong

Video:  

by Sanjeev Kumar -

I am not getting any reply once again; Is any thing wrong in my Post?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you are importing the same questions for synchronization purposes you need to delete the existing questions before importing the replacements.  Excellent idea to illustrate with a video.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Sanjeev Kumar -

Thank you for reply..

but when I delete records then QuestionID will also change then reports Grade and other record will manipulate am I right or not?