Grading phase not showing as completed

Grading phase not showing as completed

by Lisa McIver -
Number of replies: 4

Hello all,

I've just been approached by a colleague who has been using the Workshop activity in Moodle 2.2 and who is having some difficulties.

Her students have been peer assessing one another (using the 'comments' grading strategy). 

She now at the Grading evaluation phase, and although grades are added when she presses the re-calculate grades button, the tick boxes in the 'grading evaluation phase' still show as blank.

As a result, she hasn't been able to release the peer comments back to the cohort.

Can anyone explain where she's going wrong?

Many thanks!

Attachment workshop.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa McIver

Re: Grading phase not showing as completed

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well, nothing is going wrong if I understand the situation correctly.

The checkbox does not appear because the Workshop expects that all 20 students should get a grade for submission and for the assessment. But because only 7 of them have actually submitted their work, this presumption can't be met and thence there is no checkbox.

Your colleague can still proceed and switch the workshop to the Closed phase, given that the displayed figures are expected. In other words, if it is ok that grades can't be calculated for all students, the workshop can be closed - and thence the peer assessment made available to the authors.

HTH
In reply to David Mudrák

by Lisa McIver -

Thanks David - appreciate the response.

The problem that the academic seems to be having however is that the students can't see one anothers comments anywhere.  The grades are showing up in the gradebook as expected, but not the student comments that went with them.

We'd (incorrectly it seems) assumed that this was because the grading phase was showing up as completed.

I wonder if you can shed any light on how the students can view the comments that they've received from their peers?

In reply to Lisa McIver

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
When the workshop activity is closed (i.e. switched to the Closed phased), two things happen: 1) grades are pushed into the gradebook and 2) assessments (i.e. comments in your case) are available for students at the main workshop page.

As a student, look at the main workshop page. You should find all received assessments there.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Lisa McIver -

Aha!  Thank you David - problem solved. 

It turns out that the students had gone to the main workshop page expecting to see the comments (they hadn't however clicked on their assignment, so had missed the feedback).

So obvious when you know!  Ha!

You've been an immense help - many thanks!