Using Quiz as a self assessment

Using Quiz as a self assessment

by Annemarie Aliband -
Number of replies: 11

Hi

I am using Moodle 2.2, and I've got a couple of questions, we currently have a document that we would like to put on Moodle for staff to fill out, the document is a mixer of multiple choice, long sentence, and comments.

My question is would the quiz format be the best to use, as its more than an self assessment then a quiz.

Also want we need also, is for staff to have the ability to send their results to their managers to review is this possible via moodle

Many thanks in advance

Annemarie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annemarie Aliband

Re: Using Quiz as a self assessment

by Derek Chirnside -

The feedback or survey module may be better.

Or a Google form.

AFAIK there is no way to nicely package up a test (either the results after sitting or the empty quiz) in anything like a print format/PDF/summary HTML page.  The only item I know of in the plugins is here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=qformat_wordtable

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you can use add-ons then the contributed Questionnaire module allows you to do what you want, plus it will send an email to specified people and it has a nice print function for individual user responses.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Annemarie Aliband -

Hi Mary

Thanks for your post appreciate your help!

Quick question how do i specify who the individual can sends there results to, is there an option for them to type in the address of the person they need to send there results to.

If so how would I do about doing this

Regards

Annemarie

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Annemarie,

Which plugin are you asking this question about? Please read the online documentation related to the plugins you want to use.

Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Annemarie,

It is not clear what you mean by "self assessment". If your "document" only requires respondents to tick choices, enter comments, etc. without any notion of "correct/incorrect" and without any immediate feedback on correctness/incorrectness, then your "document" falls into the category of "opinion survey".

The Quiz activity is not suited to this purpose. The Survey activity (@Derek) is not suited because it is not customizable. You are left with a choice of the Feedback activity, which is part of Moodle core activities (but may need to be enabled on your moodle site by your admin) or, as advised by Mary, the Questionnaire activity (which is an add-on and needs to be installed by your admin).

If you attached an extract of your "document", containing at least one example of each type of "question", it would help us tremendously to help you out. Please keep in mind that the more vague you are the less chance you get of being helped, the more precise you are and the more concrete examples you provide the more chance you give us to help you.wink

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Annemarie Aliband -

Hi Joseph

An example would be:

Do you take regular breaks working away from your Display Screen Equipment?    (Yes/No) answer, Ways of reducing the risk (individuals adds i comments), any other comments,

Also we would need the individuals to fill in there only person details, name, job title etc to the form

Annemarie

by Joseph Rézeau -

Just what I thought, that type of questions will be best served using the Feedback or the Questionnaire plugins, not Quiz.

Docs for Feedback and Questionnaire.

Joseph

by Annemarie Aliband -

Hi Joseph

Many thanks for your advice, I think the questionnaire seems the best option, however I would need the staff members to send there results to there managers to review, and I don't know how I would put that into the questionnaire for it to work if tha makes sense

Annemarie

by Joseph Rézeau -

Annemarie "I would need the staff members to send there results to there managers to review..."

I have no idea what Moodle roles correspond to your "staff members" (teachers?) and "managers" (?).

Joseph

by Annemarie Aliband -

Hi Joseph

They are managers within our orgnaisation

Annemarie

by Joseph Rézeau -

Annemarie, I still don't understand "I would need the staff members to send there results to there managers to review..."

WHO is going to create the survey? WHO will answer it? WHO will need to view the results (and be sent an e-mail notification to)?

Anyway, I invite you to read the documentation links I gave you and make up your mind which plugin would best suit your needs, and try it out.

Joseph