Re-Ask questions that were missed?

Re-Ask questions that were missed?

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 3

Does anyone know of a program that collects the questions a student missed and re-asks them according to some meaningful schedule -- for example, inserting the missed questions into new material until the missed question is answered correctly three times?

I'm wondering if anyone, anywhere has developed a way to extend  quizzes to recursive quizzes that contain reviews of missed items.

I imagine this is a challenging task, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Re-Ask questions that were missed?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gerald,

By "the questions a student missed" I expect you mean "answered incorrectly", not "forgot to answer".

As you say, what you want would be a challenging task, a very challenging task, in fact. Currently there is no Moodle plugin that does it.

"... until the missed question is answered correctly three times..."

Why 3 times? thoughtful

Why do you ask this question in the Hotpot forum rather than in the Quiz forum?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gerald Grow -

I ask here because my development work was done in Hot Potatoes, long before I started with Moodle, and I thought people working with Hot Potatoes may have worked on such a project. 

The things you ask about "missed" and "3 times" are negotiable variables. I was asking if anyone knew of any program anywhere that does what I described -- adaptively requizzes, based on performance so far.

It's a lot to ask, but it's a good thing to ask for.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gerald Grow -

I ask here because my development work was done in Hot Potatoes, long before I started with Moodle, and I thought people working with Hot Potatoes may have worked on such a project. 

The things you ask about "missed" and "3 times" are negotiable variables. I was asking if anyone knew of any program anywhere that does what I described -- adaptively requizzes, based on performance so far.

It's a lot to ask, but it's a good thing to ask for.