Deleted Student - need help restoring or export/import

Deleted Student - need help restoring or export/import

by Mike Sangray -
Number of replies: 3
I have a couple of students that were accidentally deleted from Moodle 2.3. I need help either restoring from a backup or exporting from a restored server and importing into the production server. I have course backups, but I think the best way might be to do an export from a backup server and import into production - how can I do this? Thanks, Mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Sangray

Re: Deleted Student - need help restoring or export/import

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would recommend restoring the backup if you have that available.  You should be able to import just the user data and have it import the students back into the course.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mike Sangray -
I'm not familiar with doing moodle restores. Do I need a full site backup? -Mike
In reply to Mike Sangray

by Mark Pearson -

Mike,

I've done similar things several times. Moodle 2's backup is very granular so as an admin or manager role you just go into the course and click Backup and then deselect everything except users. I needed to create two new student user accounts which were left off the production moodle. I created a dummy course on my sandbox server, added the two student users manually, then did a backup with just those users. In the main course on production I did a restore then added to the course and viola les etudienes (students) appeared comme ca! Brilliant!