Gradebook

Picture of Keren Rubel
grades of a quizz do not appear in the grader report

Hello

We have 2 students  who can’t see their grades even though they have done the test and the scores have been captured in each part of the test.  The strange is that one of them can see his grades in the user report for another test he had done in the same course.  All the other 198 students in the same course do not have this problem.

Any ideas how can it be solved?

Thanks,

Keren 

Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: grades of a quizz do not appear in the grader report
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Can you give some more information?  What version of Moodle are you using?  Can the teacher see the grades?  Do the grades show up in the quiz area but just not the gradebook?

Picture of Keren Rubel

Hello Emma

The version we are using is Moodle 2.1.  The teacher cannot see the grades in the grader report .  Yes, the grades show up in the quiz area and not on the gradebook.

thanks,

Keren

Picture of Emma Richardson

My guess is that this the php bug and it can be fixed by increasing the max_input_vars setting in your php.ini file.

Picture of Keren Rubel

Thanks Emma !

paula

Keren,

You might also go into the grader report and make sure that the two cells for those grades have not been "overridden" accidentally.  Turn on editing and click on the edit link in the cell and check out the overridden checkbox.  This will not allow the quiz to write the grade. Unchecking the box and saving the new settings should solve the problem if that's it.

Paula cool

Picture of Keren Rubel

Thanks Paula

I checked it and everything is ok, so I guess it might be a bug.

Keren

Picture of Bob Puffer

max_input_vars setting controls only how many fields can be posted at once in a form.  A quiz of even 200 students would not blow the default.  If the other suggestions don't work (like overridden), I'd run a regrade on the quiz which can often fill in those gaps that occur for unknown reasons.

Picture of Keren Rubel

Hi Bob

Thank you for your answer.

Can you explain me how to run the regrade on the quiz?

It is one test divided into 4 "mini-quizzes".  The final score is calculated on the base of the the 4 "mini-quizzes" scores.  Do I need to run the regrade on the 4 "mini-quizzes"? I guess yes because the scores of all the "mini-quizzes" do not appear in the grader report and consequently the final score is missing too.

Thanks,

Keren

Picture of Bob Puffer

Yes, regrade the four quizzes

Picture of Keren Rubel

Thanks Bob.  So I understand that I need to enter the grader report, enter each quiz and where I need to click "regrade all" or "dry  run a full regrade?

Keren

Picture of Bob Puffer

Dry run just shows you what's going  to happen which might be nothing, according to dry run.  To get the grades into the gradebook (if this works) you need to run a full re-grade.

Picture of Keren Rubel

Thanks Bob.  Problem solved by regarding. smile

Keren