Some students can't view questionnaire (v2.3)

Some students can't view questionnaire (v2.3)

by Julie Grundy -
Number of replies: 1

I have an intermittent problem where some students in courses can't view the private questionnaire we have set up for their course (based on a template). They get an error message saying that it is closed or unavailable. They are not reliable in reporting the exact error message, and I can't seem to duplicate the problem myself.

I've checked the student role permissions, which are fine (also evidenced by some students having no problem). I've checked that the individual students with issues have the standard student permissions, which are also fine.

Where else should I be looking for the source of this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julie Grundy

Re: Some students can't view questionnaire (v2.3)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Julie,

Sorry, but this is typically the kind of problem that is almost impossible to diagnose and solve, especially for anyone not using your own Moodle site.

The very first thing to do is to get the students to write down (or take a screen photo with their smart phone) the exact error message they are seeing when that problem occurs.

Joseph