Permission for viewing conditionally restricted activities

Permission for viewing conditionally restricted activities

by Lorin Toews -
Number of replies: 2

I have used the restricted activity settings to hide most of a course until students have completed Module 1. I have created a role for guest teachers who are supporting those students, but those teachers can only see Module 1. Does anybody know what the permission(s) is/are to allow them to see restricted activities even if they don't meet the conditions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lorin Toews

Re: Permission for viewing conditionally restricted activities

by Lorin Toews -

In case anybody else comes across my request for help, I finally got this to work. I searched for all permissions containing the word "hidden" and turned them all on. That gave my DL Support Teacher role the ability to view conditional activities without having to actually meet the requirements. Then I turned off each of those permissions one by one to find out which ones were critical. I found that (on our Moodle) the following permissions have to be set to "Allow" for my DL Support Teacher role to have the necessary access:

moodle/category:viewhiddencategories
moodle/course:viewhiddencourses
moodle/course:viewhiddensections
moodle/course:viewhiddenactivities
mod/book:read

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lorin Toews

Re: Permission for viewing conditionally restricted activities

by Rico Olinger -
I found another place that dives a little deeper into Permissions... go to Administration/Permissions... there, use the "Advanced role override" drop-down to look at the current role you're looking for and a huge list with radio buttons will appear. There you can CTRL-F to find a keyword (I used view and hidden) and toggled some of the permissions there. You can also type the keyword in the "filter" box.