Authentication

Picture of Iñaki Arenaza
Re: How can I limit authentication to existing users?
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hummm, this was developed for Moodle 2.x (I think 2.3 and above), so 1.9 doesn't have that feature.

If you want to backport it yourself, these are the relevant bug fixes: MDL-29093 and MDL-34101

You can look for those bug numbers in git commits to find out the actual changes.

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mike Z

Ok, thanks Iñaki - I really appreciate your help on this.

If it was my Moodle instance, I'd go ahead with your suggested approach.  Unfortunately it is an instance that belongs to a client of mine, and they won't go for this - they are too risk averse for this approach. 

So I will continue to encourage them to upgrade to the latest version of Moodle - this being another reason on the list.  (Of course, they are also averse to upgrading! smile  )

Muchas gracias,

Mike

Picture of Iñaki Arenaza
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm pretty sure you already know this, but I wonder if they know Moodle 1.9 is in critical security bugfix only mode, and only until Dec. 2013. And after that, they'll be alone in the cold dark outside smile

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Picture of Robert Brenstein
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Should you need to implement this in Moodle 1.9 after all, the following may help: MDL-12604 (option to prevent creation of new accounts even if user authenticates in external source -- a working implementation for pop and imap authentication).