Password expiration doesn't disable login

Password expiration doesn't disable login

by Muff Stuff -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings,

im quite "shocked" to realize that one can still login and view courses even if the password has been detected as expired. I successfully configured my ldap server and moodle settings to detect that a password is indeed expired, but, after the warning message, when given the chance to update it, i simply go back to the main page and im still logged in.

Is there something im missing or this is really the way its suposed to work? I figured it would prevent me from staying logged.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muff Stuff

Re: Password expiration doesn't disable login

by Muff Stuff -

I've read through all and can't seem to find any more information about this, wich is strange...

Thank you

In reply to Muff Stuff

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is there something im missing or this is really the way its suposed to work?

You are not missing anything, and it's been working like that for years and years (so I guess the answer to your second question is more or less a 'yes').

There has been some talk about changing this behaviour, but there's no consensus on how to do it so far.

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Muff Stuff -

I ended up forcing the logout between realizing the password was expired and printing the change password message. Now i know this had to be done.

Thanks for the reply.