Students are unable to see their grades

Students are unable to see their grades

by Jean Jones -
Number of replies: 3

When students take a quiz for a course, they seem to be unable to view their own grades.

• I've set for the Student role under Permissions: "Can view own grades' as Enabled. 
  • I've set the Review options for the Quiz as enabled for 'Marks' and 'Overall feedback'--setting these for Immediately after the attempt, Later while the attempt is still open, and After the quiz is closed.

Am I missing something? I want them to be able to go back to the course at any time and be able to view the grade they received.

Additionally, I've tried logging in as a student and going to the course to view grades, but there is nothing to see. There isn't even a Grades link that they can click just to view their own individual grade.

We're using Moodle 2.4.

Additionally when I add the Quiz results block, I get this (see attached). So, it's not showing the student names to me (the admin) and if the student logs in--and hopefully, they'll just see their grade--it probably won't show their name either. (And I have it set to 'Display full names.) 

And so i'm wondering, is there a different plugin that I should be using to show the students their grades (and again, where a student can see only their grade and no one else's)?

Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Jones

Re: Students are unable to see their grades

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Under course settings, make sure that you have Show Gradebook to Students settings.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)