Moodle mobile and labels

Re: Moodle mobile and labels

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Testers

Kieran, it's picking up labels I've put on a course page (we just have a test m2.4 site for trying features out, and the app) but it is truncating the label string and abandoning any images embedded in them (presumably to make the app faster if you aren't on wifi or a fast 3g / 4g connection).

I'm PMing you now.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Kieran Briggs -

Cheers Dave.  Yeah I tried it and your correct - It displays them but strips out all formating and images.  What it doesn't do though is display the section summary unfortunatly.

In reply to Kieran Briggs

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a bug open regarding this issue: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-258

The Moodle side has been resolved for 2.4.4 (and 2.5 and onwards) so it will work fine for 1.3 (that will be released in June) once I fix the Mobile app side.

PS: When I talk about "Moodle" or "Mobile app" sides, you must understand that the Mobile app is a WebService client so some bugs can come from Moodle and anothers from the app itself

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Thanks Juan. Your sides terminology makes sense, will keep future postings as clear as I can (I had to explain to a sales rep that he was mis-describing a component in web land the other week).