I have my web site in a hosting company, but i want my moodle to run in my own server a (phisical one) I already created a subdomain in my hosting company control panel. How will mi moodle recognize and use this subdomain? What should I do now?
mmmhh... Not sure what you want? If you have a physical server for hosting Moodle, it will have nothing to do with your hosting company. A sub-domain would still be on THEIR servers and NOT YOUR server.
If you want to host a Moodle Server yourself you will need:
1) A fast internet connection with a fixed IP address.
2) A registered domain name for the above IP address.
4) Time to check that no one attacks or hacks your server.
Unless you have a lot of technical knowledge, it's probably not a good idea. However if you know Linux well, it is not so difficult.
Hope that helps
What's the point of creating the subdomain on the web host control panel if you're moving Moodle onto your own server?
To run Moodle on your own server you need to:
- Move the Moodle database from the webhost onto your server.
- Move the Moodle code from the webhost onto your server.
- Create a Moodle site on your server (in Apache or IIS).
- Update your moodle config.php file with the details of the new server.
- Do the required DNS changes to point your Moodle domain name from the IP of the web hosting company to the IP of your own server.
- Make sure the right firewall and security requirements are in place.