two totally different courses

two totally different courses

Bởi Martin Koops -
Số lượng các câu trả lời: 3

Hi all,

In my case I want to set up Moodle with two completely different courses. one as a democourse for the sailing school I am teaching, and the other one for my physics classes. So I will need two different welcome screens, backgrounds, themes, studenrts teachers, etc. The only thing that is identical for the two courses is the admin ( me nháy mắt) and the server.

Do I habve to install a second moodle in another directory and setup something with virtual addresses (??) or is there a more simple solution?

kind regards,

martijn

Trung bình điểm đánh giá: -
Để phản hồi tới Martin Koops

Re: two totally different courses

Bởi Robert Lefebvre -

Hi Martin,

It looks to me that because you are looking for unique welcome screens, backgrounds, and themes that you would have to go to a duplicate installation.

You can do all that on the same server and ip address though.

I think you can start by just duplicating and copying the contents of your current moodle directory to a directory of a different name, sailing for example. Then in your config.php you would need to enter the new directory name to replace the old one in $CFG->wwwroot   = and  $CFG->dirroot  and $CFG->dataroot

then change the 'mdl_ in $CFG->prefix    = 'mdl_'  to something like $CFG->prefix    = 'sal_' or something. This will give you separate db tables for that moodle setup. I think that would be it. Anybody else, have I missed anything?

Để phản hồi tới Martin Koops

Bởi Jacob Romeyn -

I am running two copies of moodle on my server and have set it up as follows:

It set up a named based virtual host.

At the end of  the httpd.conf file I added:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.70>
DocumentRoot "/home/www"
ServerName thekingsschool.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.70>
DocumentRoot "/home"
ServerName students.thekingsschool.net
</VirtualHost>

Moodle is present in both the /home   and the /home/www directories.

In the moodle config.php file I pointed Moodle to the proper directories

I than created 2 databases, moodle and moodle2

And in the /home/www/moodle I have pointed  to a database called moodle.

In the /home/moodle I pointed the database to moodle2 in

In the Authentication I used pop3 which has the students ID and password for Email so that all ID's and logings are the same. Email, Moodle and Moodle2.

Để phản hồi tới Jacob Romeyn

Bởi Mike Carollo -
I have tried to set up a server with one version of moodle 1.4.5 and one of 1.5.  1.4.5 set up correctly, but then 1.5 would not.

I created two seperate databases for them.  When 1.5 was making creating the assignment tables, it said they already exist and would not move forward.  Anyone know why this would be?