I am considering Moodle for a paid online training site. I am also considering WordPress and Drupal. From what little I have seen, Moodle seems to be the best choice. But I have some concerns.
1) I am iffy about being able to monatize a Moodle site. I know there is a paypal plugin for Moodle. But what about subscriptions? What about credit cards?
2) Is this site made with Moodle? If not, why not?
3) I am reading some harsh stuff about Moodle. Is it any cause for concern?
80% of people on this site hate Moodle: http://amplicate.com/hate/moodle
I am also reading a lot about performance issues, especially with recent releases of Moodle.
4) A lot of people post that: "anything you can do with Moodle can be done with WordPress, or Drupal." I think that is probably true. But, from my experience so far, getting WP to act like an LMS is huge PITA. WP seems to be very centered around blogging. Using WP for an LMS feels like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Maybe I'm too impatient with WP? Also, worthwhile plugins in WP cost money, and sometimes even those are not worthwhile.
5) Mobile is important to me. WP does have decent some decent mobile themes. How would you rate Moodle for mobiles?
6) Does the Moodle flashcard plugin work with newer versions of Moodle?
7) One of my great frustrations with Drupal was: this module does not work with that version of Drupal and that module does not work with this version of Drupal. Sadly, Moodle seems to have the same problem. Or maybe I have misunderstood?
That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading.