Audio player in a lesson

Audio player in a lesson

por David Robert -
Número de respuestas: 13

How can I resize the Moodle media audio player to make it bigger? (version 2.4)

Promedio de valuaciones (ratings): -
En respuesta a David Robert

Re: Audio player in a lesson

por Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

Hi David,

How is your question related to the Lesson activity? Are you wanting to display an audio player in the text of a question or a page of a Lesson?

Joseph

En respuesta a Joseph Rézeau

por David Robert -

Hi Joseph,

My question relates to a lesson activity because that is where I'm trying to insert the moodle media, using it as a learning resource within a lesson. I understand that the CSS probably is the same for where ever I am trying to insert the media although I am hoping that a lesson has some specific method of handling this modification. When Inserting audio into an activity the player is much bigger.

Dave

por Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

Hi David,

Where exactly are you wanting to insert the audio player? In the text of a content page? of a question?

Joseph

por David Robert -

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I'm trying to insert the moodle media audio into the text content of a lesson, as I have in my topic question. In the question is an audio GUI. I dont know if you see what I do, I'm guessing it may be a x browser thing.

Dave

por Joseph Rézeau -

Hi David,

Just as I thought, your question is not strictly related to the Lesson activity. It is related to the more general problem of inserting Moodle's mp3 player (called "flowplayer") in any activity that uses the HTML editor (called "TinyMCE").

Please have a look at this discussion, with offers 2 solutions, but you need to have admin privileges on your Moodle site.

Those settings:

moodle/lib/javascript-static.js -> controls.height = 25;

and

moodle\filter\mediaplugin\styles.css -> .mediaplugin.mediaplugin_mp3 object {display:inline;height:25px;width:280px;margin-left:0.5em;}

I get the following (bigger) mp3 player display:

screenshot #1

Joseph

por David Robert -

Hi Joseph,

Once again I am grateful for your response. As I'm new to this forum I'm still learning the discussion areas. Thanks : )

Dave

por Joseph Rézeau -

Hi David,

That's OK. Actually, there should be a special forum section to discuss audio/video embedding/filtering etc.

And did that other discussion thread help you achieve what you wanted, in the end?

Joseph

por David Robert -

Hi Joseph,

Yes I modified the css and the 50% was a good fix. I tried to vote for your bug fix although I'm not allowed to vote.

Just an issue with the flowplayer, the actual controls did not resize ... just the actual player window was bigger now showing the flowplayer logo.

Dave

por Joseph Rézeau -

@David,

1.- To vote for a bug in the tracker you have to register first.

2.- Looks like you did not apply the two hacks:

settings:

moodle/lib/javascript-static.js -> controls.height = 25;

and

moodle\filter\mediaplugin\styles.css -> .mediaplugin.mediaplugin_mp3 object {display:inline;height:25px;width:280px;margin-left:0.5em;}

por David Robert -

Hi Joseph,

Yes I did apply both the javascript and css mods.

Just to confirm ... Line 1976 in the javascript-static.js file?

Dave

por Joseph Rézeau -

Hi David,

1.- From your screenshot, I can see that you applied the following settings to your moodle\filter\mediaplugin\styles.css file:

.mediaplugin.mediaplugin_mp3 object {display:inline;height:55px;width:280px;margin-left:0.5em;}

2.- I am using Moodle 2.4.4 (Build: 20130513) (the latest version of 2.4 available) and in file moodle/lib/javascript-static.js the line with the controls.height setting to be modified is line 2006.

You may not have the latest version of moodle 2.4 or the latest version of that javascript file on your system. But it still should work. I guess you did not get it to work because you forgo to purge your moodle caches after you modified the file. Whenever you change anything to the moodle files you must purge all caches for your changes to take effect.

It's here: Home ► Site administration ► Development ► Purge all caches.

Try again,

Joseph

por David Robert -

Joseph you legend!

Mmmmm ... it appears my eLearning is a little on the slow side, I was clearing the caches from the theme selector window ... so there is a purge all caches ayy ... nice! (my ignorance is showing)

Thanks again Joseph, you have not only made me smile ... I have a very happy teacher : )